Second Step Housing residents and clients are working hard to establish housing and financial stability for themselves and their families. In-kind donations can provide critical help to families by helping them meet some of their basic needs as they work towards securing permanent housing and achieving self-sufficiency.
- Cleaning supplies: mops, vacuum cleaners, paper towels, garbage bags (kitchen & bath sizes), rubber gloves, laundry detergent, drier sheets, dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, Comet, dishwasher detergent, disinfectant spray for kitchen and bathroom, toilet bowl cleaner, and Clorox clean up wipes.
- Personal hygiene products: shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products.
- Baby products: diapers, baby wipes, baby shampoo and soap, baby lotion, diaper cream.
- General household goods: coffee, energy efficient light bulbs, toilet paper, kleenex.
- Gift Cards: Target, WinCo Foods, Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.
- Transportation: bus passes, gas cards.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept used items such as stuffed animals, toys, car seats, clothes, bedding or large furniture items such as cribs or changing tables. Please contact us 360-993-5301 or use the contact form below if you have any questions about whether an item would be acceptable.
Welcome Home Baskets
Welcome Home baskets are provided to new families when they move in to one our transitional housing properties. Often, the families entering our housing have little possessions and limited or no income. The Welcome Home baskets, which contain household items, toiletries, new linens and towels, help ease the transition from homelessness to home for families. Check our list of suggested items for the Welcome Home basket.
Yards and Gardens
We will gladly accept new or gently used yard and gardening tools. Below is a list of items and tools we can use year round to help us maintain the yards and gardens of our transitional housing properties.
|Spray nozzles||Watering cans|
|Simple style sprinklers||Decorative outdoor containers|
|Hand trowels||Trellis material|
|Kneeling pads||Tomato cages|
|Garden gloves (adult and children’s sizes)||Lawnmower (gas or manual)|
Questions? call Second Step Housing 360-993-5301
Donations are accepted Monday – Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Items may be dropped off at 2500 Main Street, Suite 120, Vancouver, WA 98660. Please indicate that donations are for Second Step Housing. You can also call 360-993-5301 to make other arrangements.